Events Coordinator (Closing Date: January 22-18)Company: Parkinson Canada
Date Posted: January 11, 2018
Parkinson Canada is the voice of Canadians living with Parkinson’s disease. Our purpose is to transform the lives of people living with Parkinson’s. We do this through research leading to the end of Parkinson’s, advocacy bringing the voices of Parkinson’s to the forefront and support that helps people live well with Parkinson’s through education and services.
The role of the Events Coordinator (Manitoba) is to plan, coordinate and successfully organize Parkinson SuperWalks, an inaugural corporate targeted Winnipeg event and other event related work.
Reporting to the Managing Director, Manitoba, the ideal candidate is a fundraising professional who is well organized when executing events, understands the principles of fundraising, and has experience building strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Identify key strategies to focus on to meet or exceed Manitoba’s Parkinson SuperWalk revenue target;
- Coordinate the Parkinson SuperWalk committee and other volunteers as required;
- Identify key constituents requiring recognition and maintain strong relationships with all Winnipeg walkers;
- Coordinate all planning and logistical concerns for the Winnipeg event, in accordance with supplied event character, criteria and critical path and provide support to Brandon, Gimli and Morden Parkinson SuperWalk organizers;
- Update Manitoba walk information on Parkinson Canada website as required;
- Coordinate post walk administration.
- Post-secondary degree in appropriate discipline;
- Minimum of two years progressive fundraising experience, with a proven track record in event management;
- Experience in volunteer management is required;
- Familiarity with key event management concepts (maintenance of critical path, etc.);
- Demonstrated understanding of sponsorship;
- Demonstrated leadership, organizational, budgetary and presentation skills;
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Excellent research, analytical and written skills;
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Office Suite, Online Event Fundraising Software)
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible;
- Client service driven with a proven ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders
- Ability to travel within Manitoba;
- A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
If you are interested in joining a dynamic team that makes a tremendous difference in the lives of Canadians living with Parkinson’s, please send your résumé in confidence, stating salary expectations by 4:00 p.m. on Monday, January 22, 2018.
7 – 414 Westmount Dr.
Winnipeg, MB R2J 1P2
Please quote Reference #ECM-011117
Parkinson Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Parkinson Canada will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Please indicate accommodations as required if contacted.