Coordinator, Donor Services (Closing Date: March 30-18)Company: CPA Manitoba Foundation
Date Posted: March 1, 2018
Coordinator, Donor Services
Chartered Professional Accountants of Manitoba Foundation
The Chartered Professional Accountants of Manitoba Foundation (the Foundation) is the charitable arm of the Chartered Professional Accountants of Manitoba. Our mission is to support and fund the pursuit of quality business and accounting education. We increase access to education for business and accounting students by removing educational barriers through bursaries, awards, and scholarships. We also help those underrepresented in the business and accounting community by supporting shared interests through customized donations and programs.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, flexible, and dedicated professional for the role of Coordinator, Donor Services that will support our mission.
· Support the Executive Director in the development and execution of a well-diversified fund development program
· Assist in identifying, developing, and implementing operational plans and tactics for growing community presence, fundraising, and business relationships
· Assist in the writing of reports and stewardship communications
· Assist in maintaining ongoing relationships with donors and sponsors
· Provide administrative support for donor stewardship activities
· Manage the high school scholarship and bursary processes
· Coordinate Foundation event prizing and assist in providing sponsorship support
· Support the implementation of and participate in Foundation events
· Update fund development reporting and measures
· Liaise with a variety of internal departments of CPA Manitoba and work collaboratively to ensure the Foundation’s requirements are met
· Provide back-up reception support as required
· At least two years of experience in fund development, fundraising, and administration combined with a university degree or college diploma, or an equivalent combination of skills and experience
· Demonstrated ability to provide support in fund development activities in the not-for-profit sector and in fund development planning
· Demonstrated experience in dealing with a variety of key stakeholders including members, colleagues, volunteers, board of directors, etc.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat X
· Experience working in an association or not-for-profit environment is considered an asset
· Experience in the solicitation and closing of gifts
· An understanding of or familiarity with the accounting and finance profession
· A working knowledge of member databases
· A highly organized, adaptable, and detail-oriented individual who can manage multiple priorities and tight deadlines
· A self-starter who takes initiative in beginning or completing projects
· A creative and energetic individual who is willing to contribute ideas
· A team-player who strives to create a positive and collaborative working environment with a variety of stakeholders
· Excellent public speaking and presentation skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to maintain tact, diplomacy and confidentiality while representing the Foundation
Due to the nature of the role, some evening and weekend work is required, as well as access to a vehicle.
Please email a resume, cover letter, and salary expectations no later than Friday, March 30, 2018. The cover letter must provide clear examples of qualification requirements.
Donovan Henzel, CPA, CMA
CPA Manitoba Foundation
We thank interested applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls requested.